Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Caroline's Turn

While we are having a blast hanging out in Colorado for the winter, our car, Caroline, has a slightly different take. Here’s what she has to say:
Every morning, Brian and Sarah wake me up at some unholy hour, despite my cries of protest. It’s always freezing cold, but they seem to be in a hurry to get somewhere. I just don’t get it – why won’t they just let me sleep in?

After the rude awakening, my day doesn’t improve. They run me around treacherous, slippery roads, and every day potholes nearly swallow me. Also, it’s so much work just to move around up here at almost 10,000 feet – there’s just not enough oxygen, so I’m always breathing hard. Unlike Sarah and Brian, I haven’t developed new red blood cells over the course of the winter to help me breath easier.

Some days, it does warm up a bit around here. But I think I dislike those days that most. Then I have to go wading through slush piles and get all dirty. The slush just clings and collects on my bottom. Then it freezes there overnight and rubs in all sorts of uncomfortable ways. How embarrassing!

To add insult to injury, I’m constantly forced to carry around cold, wet ski and snowboarding equipment. Sometimes, the snow melts off the skis and then I smell like an old gym sock. Ick.

On top of all this, there are mean tow truck drivers around here. I think they are out to get me. You’d think they could be gentler instead of poking and prodding me so.

This winter thing is sure getting old. I wonder if Sarah and Brian are planning to go back to Seattle soon. The weather was so much better there.

No comments: